- 2 packages (7.2 ounces each) rice pilaf
- 2 pounds bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, rice, soups, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes.
Cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6-8 servings each).
Reviews for Rice Sausage Casserole
Sort By :
"Loved this! I used regular Jimmy Dean sausage as my husband is the only fan of "hot", but I ramped up the spices with about 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning and used white rice cooked in chicken broth to lessen the sodium content. Delicious."
"Boyfriend really enjoyed this. I wasn't too crazy about it though. Just kind of eh. I probably won't make this again without some changes to the recipe."
"This was very easy to put together, and I really like that it can be split up to freeze half for a future dinner. It was a bit salty... reduced sodium soups in place of regular would help that. I think next time I will amp up the seasonings too, just to give it a little more oomph."
"I add extra spices. I use 1 1/2 pounds regular pork sausage and 1/2 pound hot sausage for a little extra kick. Very yummy, but not too spicy!"
"I didn't think it was that amazing, but my very picky family loved it and requested I make it again. I think I would try spicier sausage meat time for a bit more flavor."