Rice Sand Castles
Cooked rice and frozen vegetables hurry along the preparation of this savory side dish. Simply press the cheesy mixture into measuring cups with the back of a spoon and stack them to make individual sand castles.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-3/4 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through
- and cheese is melted, stirring twice. To make sand castles, pack
- rice mixture into 1/2-cup and 1/4-cup measures; unmold and stack on
- dinner plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 222 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.