Rice Salad in Tomato Cups
I created this recipe for a contest a long time ago. With an abundance of tomatoes in our garden each year, I had to come up with something new. I serve this as a side dish or lively lunch.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cut a thin
- slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp,
- leaving a 1/2-in. shell. cut a thin slice off bottom of tomatoes to
- level if necessary. Fill with rice salad. Cover and refrigerate for
- 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 326 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.