Rice Pudding Recipe
For an old-fashioned sweet treat just like Grandma made, try this creamy pudding. It has a rich cinnamon flavor and is made wonderfully light after whipped cream is stirred into it at the end.—Jennifer Bennett, Salem, Indiana
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours; stir. Cover and cook 1-2 hours longer or until rice is tender. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Just before serving, fold in whipped cream. If desired, garnish with additional whipped cream and cinnamon. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC