Rice Pudding with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
"This is one of my family's all-time favorites," writes Shirley Privatsky of Dickinson, North Dakota. "It's so festive looking-especially when served in a clear glass bowl or topped with raspberries like a sundae."
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk and sugar. Cook 20-30 minutes longer or until rice is tender and mixture is thick and creamy. Remove from the heat; cool. Fold in whipped topping. Chill.
- 2. Drain raspberries, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in raspberries. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 3. Spoon the rice pudding into individual dishes; top with the raspberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rice Pudding with Raspberry Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC