- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk and sugar. Cook 20-30 minutes longer or until rice is tender and mixture is thick and creamy. Remove from the heat; cool. Fold in whipped topping. Chill.
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in raspberries. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Spoon the rice pudding into individual dishes; top with the raspberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Rice Pudding in Country Woman September/October 2003, p41
Reviews for Rice Pudding with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review