Rice Pudding Recipe
For an old-fashioned sweet treat just like Grandma made, try this creamy pudding. It has a rich cinnamon flavor and is made wonderfully light after whipped cream is stirred into it at the end.Jennifer Bennett, Salem, Indiana
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours; stir. Cover and cook 1-2 hours longer or until rice is tender. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped cream. If desired, garnish with additional whipped cream and cinnamon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rice Pudding in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p95
Reviews for Rice Pudding(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2011
this brought me right back to my childhood. my mother made a similar recipe and this was the closest I've ever gotten to it ! absolutely Delicious hot or cold ! the whole family loved it !