I love making bulgar pilaf with apricots. So glad I tried it with dried apples and golden raisins! —Elizabeth Dumont, Madison, Mississippi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion until tender, 4-6 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rice Pilaf with Apples & Raisins in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p33
Reviews for Rice Pilaf with Apples & Raisins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2016
"Delicious! I used a fresh granny smith apple because dried wasn't available, and added it as per the recipe."
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2016
"I substituted instant rice and added the other ingredients during cooking. Very good."