Rice on the Grill Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a 9-in. round disposable foil pan, combine the first seven ingredients. Dot with butter. Cover with heavy-duty foil; seal edges tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with low-sodium broth and reduced-fat margarine) equals 104 calories, 195 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 2 gm fat, 1 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.