Rice Noodle Salad Recipe
This salad is easy, sweet, spicy, nutty and light. Many friends request this for get-togethers, and our family enjoys it at least once a month for dinner. To make it a main dish, I add marinated and grilled teriyaki chicken.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cut into strips
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- SESAME PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, carrot, pineapple, cilantro and onion.
- 2. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water; drain well. Add to spinach mixture. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 149 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Rice Noodle Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC