In this easy recipe, ordinary rice is dressed up with peas, shredded carrot and seasonings. This fresh-tasting and colorful side dish goes great with a variety of meaty main courses.Doyle Rounds, Bridgewater, Virginia
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is
- tender. Remove from the heat; add lemon juice. Fluff with a fork.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving equals 1-1/2 starch; also, 103 calories, 33 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, trace fat.