Rice Meatballs Recipe
"I first made these meatballs when our children were small, and they just loved them," notes Mary Kelso of Hannibal, Missouri. "I occasionally use cream of mushroom soup instead of tomato soup, and that variation is delicious, too."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, rice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on the rack in a pressure cooker. Combine the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs.
- 2. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 285 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 848 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC