Rice Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, rice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on the rack in a pressure cooker. Combine the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs.
- 2. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 285 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 848 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Rice Meatballs
"These are great! I have been using this recipe for years. It is very quick and easy to make."
"By the way, I use just normal rice...not instant and it turns out fine! I really don't like instant rice."
"These are fast to make and kids love them. They are so fun! See what your kids think!"