Rice Meatballs Recipe
"I first made these meatballs when our children were small, and they just loved them," notes Mary Kelso of Hannibal, Missouri. "I occasionally use cream of mushroom soup instead of tomato soup, and that variation is delicious, too."
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the egg, rice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on the rack in a pressure cooker. Combine the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Porcupine Meatballs in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p65
Reviews for Rice Meatballs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >