Rice Dressing Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh sage and thyme, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 3-1/2 cups broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in rice, mushrooms, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and the remaining broth. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Garnish with sage and thyme if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 173 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Rice Dressing
"My rice lovers said this was the best rice they had ever eaten!"
"It was a wonderful alternative to traditional dressing. I added the cooked giblets from the turkey to the mixture. My family loved it!"
"In place of the 2 cans of mushrooms I put the turkey neck, gizzard and liver in the bottom of a casserole and put the rice stuffing over it, cover and bake. Then stuff turkey with bread dressing. This is a must for our family. Everyone loves the dressings!"
"Delicious! I wasn't sure just 1 1/2 cups rice would make enough to fit into a 9x13 but it did! Will make this again and again."
"My sil brought this to our family reunion over the weekend and everybody wanted the recipe.....it is DELICIOUS!!"
"This is the best. My son was allergic to corn when we found the recipe and to me it as good as the cornbread dressing!!!! EXCELLENT! We make it every year even though my son can now have the cornbread dressing. It is a big hit whenever I take it anywhere."
"I have made this many times over the years--yummy!"