Rice Dressing Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh sage and thyme, optional
- In a saucepan, bring 3-1/2 cups broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in rice, mushrooms, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and the remaining broth. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Garnish with sage and thyme if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Rice Dressing(7)
Sort By :
It was a wonderful alternative to traditional dressing. I added the cooked giblets from the turkey to the mixture. My family loved it!
In place of the 2 cans of mushrooms I put the turkey neck, gizzard and liver in the bottom of a casserole and put the rice stuffing over it, cover and bake. Then stuff turkey with bread dressing. This is a must for our family. Everyone loves the dressings!
Delicious! I wasn't sure just 1 1/2 cups rice would make enough to fit into a 9x13 but it did! Will make this again and again.
My sil brought this to our family reunion over the weekend and everybody wanted the recipe.....it is DELICIOUS!!
I just made this side dish for my husband and our 3 sons. It was a hit! Our oldest son, a 19 year old college freshman, said, "This is the best rice dish I've ever eaten!" I will definitely be making this easy to prepare side dish again.