This yummy rice mixture is a delightful change from our traditional corn bread dressing. To make it a meal in itself, I sometimes will add finely chopped cooked chicken and a little more broth before baking. -Linda Emery, Tuckerman, Arkansas
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh sage and thyme, optional
- In a saucepan, bring 3-1/2 cups broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in rice, mushrooms, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and the remaining broth. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Garnish with sage and thyme if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Rice Dressing in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p33
Reviews for Rice Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review