- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup egg substitute, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine rice, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup egg substitute and curry powder. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until firm. Combine the spinach, milk, mushrooms, onion, garlic powder, pepper and remaining cheese and egg substitute; pour into crust. Microwave on 50% power for 20 minutes, rotating a quarter turn every 5 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rice-Crust Spinach Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Rice-Crust Spinach Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2014
"I love the combination! I don't think my microwave was at the right setting because the dish around the edges was really tough. Otherwise, this is worth a try!"