Rice Cake Pizzas
Ordinary rice cakes get a taste lift with some simple pizza toppings. I keep small portions of the beef mixture in the freezer to quickly thaw for fast snacks.—Gayle Richardson, Great Falls, Montana
14 ServingsPrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) plain or cheese-flavored rice cakes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Spread tomato sauce over the rice cakes. Sprinkle with Italian
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over rice cakes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Place five pizzas on a
- microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until cheese is
- melted. Repeat with remaining pizzas. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 143 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.