Rice Cake Pizzas Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) plain or cheese-flavored rice cakes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. Spread tomato sauce over the rice cakes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over rice cakes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Place five pizzas on a microwave-safe plate.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining pizzas. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 143 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Rice Cake Pizzas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.