Ordinary rice cakes get a taste lift with some simple pizza toppings. I keep small portions of the beef mixture in the freezer to quickly thaw for fast snacks.—Gayle Richardson, Great Falls, Montana
Recommended: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) plain or cheese-flavored rice cakes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Spread tomato sauce over the rice cakes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over rice cakes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Place five pizzas on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining pizzas. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Rice Cake Pizzas in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p261
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Rice Cake Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review