When I was little, serving this dish was the only way my mother could get me to eat broccoli. It’s an excellent recipe to serve anytime, and is especially good with poultry.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and onion to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in broccoli, soup and cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Rice Casserole in Country February/March 2008, p49
Reviews for Rice Broccoli Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review