Rice and Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and celery leaves in butter for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4 minutes longer.
- 2. Add rice; cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the water and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 232 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Rice and Mushrooms