Rice and Mushrooms
"Don’t count on having any leftovers with this delicious, simple dish. A friend gave me the recipe more than a decade ago, and it’s been a family favorite ever since!" --Beth McCaw of Nashville, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- onion, celery and celery leaves in butter for 4 minutes. Add
- mushrooms; cook 4 minutes longer.
- Add rice; cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the
- water and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat;
- cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with
- pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 232 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat,