"Don’t count on having any leftovers with this delicious, simple dish. A friend gave me the recipe more than a decade ago, and it’s been a family favorite ever since!" --Beth McCaw of Nashville, Tennessee
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and celery leaves in butter for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4 minutes longer.
- Add rice; cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the water and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Rice in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p21
Reviews for Rice and Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2014
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2011