- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and celery leaves in butter for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4 minutes longer.
- Add rice; cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the water and Greek seasoning. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rice and Mushrooms
Sort By :
"This was very easy, quick and a great way to use up extra items in the refrigerator. I used cooked rice, omitting the water. I made my own greek spice, added fresh cut up spinach, toasted pine nuts along with pecans in a pan. As we ate we added a bit of soy sauce. It was delicious!"