Rice and Green Pea Side Dish Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 165 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Rice and Green Pea Side Dish
"This was just a goopy mess"
"I didn't have frozen peas so I put broccoli in instead. Very quick & yummy!"
"Since peas are a starchy vegetable, I cut back on them, add more carrot, and throw in zucchini. Very colorful and delicious."