Rice and Green Pea Side Dish Recipe
This recipe combines two of my family's favorite foods-peas and rice. The ingredients may be simple, but the colorful combination is unbeatable.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 165 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC