This recipe combines two of my family's favorite foods-peas and rice. The ingredients may be simple, but the colorful combination is unbeatable.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rice and Green Pea Side Dish in Country Woman November/December 1990, p37
Reviews for Rice and Green Pea Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2014
"This was just a goopy mess"
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2013
"I didn't have frozen peas so I put broccoli in instead. Very quick & yummy!"
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2009
"Since peas are a starchy vegetable, I cut back on them, add more carrot, and throw in zucchini. Very colorful and delicious."