Rice and Chicken Bake Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1-3/4 cups) equals 392 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.