Rice and Chicken Bake
Mushrooms, celery and water chestnuts add texture and crunch in this comforting casserole. Chicken and rice are perfect partners that always satisfy.—Linda Durnil, Decatur, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and
- butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-3/4 cups) equals 392 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.