Mushrooms, celery and water chestnuts add texture and crunch in this comforting casserole. Chicken and rice are perfect partners that always satisfy.—Linda Durnil, Decatur, Illinois
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rice Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Rice and Chicken Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review