Rice and Carrot Soup Recipe
I first sampled this colorful carrot soup at a local Victorian tea room and wouldn't leave until I had the recipe in hand. The chef was kind enough to share it with me so I could enjoy it anytime at home.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Add the carrots, broth and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until carrots and rice are tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan. Add the cream, tomato paste, salt, pepper and remaining butter; heat through. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 214 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC