Rice 'n' Egg Salad
"This savory salad is a mainstay for my mother-in-law and me," says Christina Moran of Collierville, Tennessee.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt if desired and
- pepper; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons canola oil) equals 192 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.