"This savory salad is a mainstay for my mother-in-law and me," says Christina Moran of Collierville, Tennessee.
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt if desired and pepper; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rice 'n' Egg Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p43
Reviews for Rice 'n' Egg Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2008
"My husband thought it tasted like potato salad. I thought it tasted like an "unstuffed" deviled egg. Either way, I will not be making it again."