"This savory salad is a mainstay for my mother-in-law and me," says Christina Moran of Collierville, Tennessee.
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt if desired and pepper; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rice 'n' Egg Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p43
Reviews for Rice 'n' Egg Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2008
"My husband thought it tasted like potato salad. I thought it tasted like an "unstuffed" deviled egg. Either way, I will not be making it again."