Rice 'n' Black Bean Bake Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Corn or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in the rice, sour cream and 1 cup of cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with corn or tortilla chips. Yield: 6 main-dish or 8-10 side-dish servings.
Reviews for Rice 'n' Black Bean Bake(7)
Sort By :
This has been a go to recipe for our family since the 2001 cookbook that it appeared in.
I MADE THIS RECIPE FOR DINNER TONIGHT. THE TASTE WAS DELICIOUS BUT IT WAS A LITTLE THIN. THE RECIPE DIDN'T SAY TO LET IT STAND FOR 5 OR 10 MIN BUT BY THE TIME WE HAD EATEN SOME IT HAD STARTED TO SET UP. I ALSO THOUGHT THAT ANOTHER CUP OF RICE MIGHT HAVE HELPED TOO. BUT THE TASTE WAS DELICIOUS SO WILL DEFINITELY MAKE IT AGAIN.
I make this alongside burritos, tacos or fajitas. Great addition! The whole family loves it.
It was quick, easy and tasted great on a cold Winter's night! I used whole grain rice and low fat cheese.
This is a great recipe - I've made it a ton and everyone loves it! It's a great option for vegetarians. I make it with corn & serve with tortilla chips.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >