- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Corn or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in the rice, sour cream and 1 cup of cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with corn or tortilla chips. Yield: 6 main-dish or 8-10 side-dish servings.
Reviews for Rice 'n' Black Bean Bake
Sort By :
"My sister-in-law loves this recipe, and has called me many a time for this recipe while she is at the grocery store, because she knows I know it by heart. I tell her what ingredients she needs, and she runs to that aisle to get them! Also, I always add about 1 1/8 cups rice to 1 cup of water because sometimes the rice is too moist to be added to the rest of the recipe right away; otherwise, I have found that it tends to get a bit runny if the rice is too moist. My family always requests this recipe for family gatherings, and love it when I show up unexpectedly with a ready-made warm supper when they have had a busy week!"
"This has been a go to recipe for our family since the 2001 cookbook that it appeared in."
"I MADE THIS RECIPE FOR DINNER TONIGHT. THE TASTE WAS DELICIOUS BUT IT WAS A LITTLE THIN. THE RECIPE DIDN'T SAY TO LET IT STAND FOR 5 OR 10 MIN BUT BY THE TIME WE HAD EATEN SOME IT HAD STARTED TO SET UP. I ALSO THOUGHT THAT ANOTHER CUP OF RICE MIGHT HAVE HELPED TOO. BUT THE TASTE WAS DELICIOUS SO WILL DEFINITELY MAKE IT AGAIN."
"I make this alongside burritos, tacos or fajitas. Great addition! The whole family loves it."
"It was quick, easy and tasted great on a cold Winter's night! I used whole grain rice and low fat cheese."