Ribs with Plum Sauce
I found the recipe for this tangy-sweet basting sauce when a surplus of plums sent me searching for new ideas to use all the fruit. In summer, I like to finish the ribs on the grill, brushing on the sauce, after first baking them in the oven. Marie Hoyer, Hodgenville, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 5 to 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup plum jam or apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with bone side down on a
- rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1
- hour or until ribs are tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; baste with some
- of the marinade. Bake at 350° or grill over medium heat,
- uncovered, 30 minutes longer, turning and basting occasionally.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (13 ounces) equals 948 calories, 53 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 2,005 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 55 g protein.