Ribs with Plum Sauce Recipe
I found the recipe for this tangy-sweet basting sauce when a surplus of plums sent me searching for new ideas to use all the fruit. In summer, I like to finish the ribs on the grill, brushing on the sauce, after first baking them in the oven. — Marie Hoyer, Hodgenville, Kentucky
- 5 to 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup plum jam or apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until ribs are tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; baste with some of the marinade. Bake at 350° or grill over medium heat, uncovered, 30 minutes longer, turning and basting occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ribs with Plum Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p31
Reviews for Ribs with Plum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2011
"I make this often at our house. Except, I use whatever roast I have instead of the spareribs."
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010
"I made with apricot preserves. My husband and I love it. I made it so many times."