Ribs with Caraway Kraut and Stuffing Balls Recipe
I live alone but like entertaining often and offering hearty meals to guests. Everyone compliments me on these ribs and their old-world flavor.
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, drained
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- STUFFING BALLS:
- 1 package (8 ounces) herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1-1/3 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1. In a large skillet, brown ribs; drain. Combine the sauerkraut, tomato juice, broth, apple, brown sugar, caraway, salt and pepper; pour over ribs. Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 2. For stuffing balls, combine stuffing mix, water and butter; mix lightly and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in eggs; mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls; place over ribs and sauerkraut. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 707 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 242mg cholesterol, 1743mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Ribs with Caraway Kraut and Stuffing Balls
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC