Ribeyes with Mushrooms Recipe
Lissa Hutson of Phelan, California shared this easy entree. The hearty steak is well-seasoned with a robust marinade and served with a fresh mushroom sauce.
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the steaks in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil steaks 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Meanwhile, place remaining marinade and the mushrooms in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Serve with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC