Ribeyes with Mushrooms
Lissa Hutson of Phelan, California shared this easy entree. The hearty steak is well-seasoned with a robust marinade and served with a fresh mushroom sauce.
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the steaks
- in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil steaks 4-6 in. from the
- heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to
- a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the
- mushrooms. Serve with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.