Ribeyes with Chili Butter Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the butter, chili powder, mustard and cayenne until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Rub the steaks with pepper and sugar. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Spoon chili butter over steak. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 2 tablespoons butter equals 708 calories, 59 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.