Ribeyes with Chili Butter
A couple spoonfuls of spicy butter instantly give steak a delicious Southwestern slant. Meat lovers will be delighted by the chili and mustard flavors.—Allan Stackhouse Jr., Jennings, Louisiana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, chili powder, mustard and cayenne
- until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub the steaks with pepper and sugar. Grill, covered, over medium
- heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Spoon chili butter over
- steak. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 2 tablespoons butter equals 708 calories, 59 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 195 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab