A couple spoonfuls of spicy butter instantly give steak a delicious Southwestern slant. Meat lovers will be delighted by the chili and mustard flavors.—Allan Stackhouse Jr., Jennings, Louisiana
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, chili powder, mustard and cayenne until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Rub the steaks with pepper and sugar. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Spoon chili butter over steak. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ribeyes with Chili Butter in Country Woman April/May 2010, p45
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ribeyes with Chili Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2012
"this was wonderful--yum yum"