- 2 medium carrots
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut very thin slices down the length of each carrot, zucchini and yellow squash, making long ribbons.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ribboned Vegetables
Sort By :
Very good light side dish for a hot summer day. I used the thinnest attachment on my mandolin and it worked perfectly.
Yummy! The horseradish adds a nice kick to the veggies. Serve this with a chicken breast and you've got a great meal.
This recipe is much quicker than 25 minutes: I'd say 15 at the most. I had a little trouble finding the right tool to get the wide ribbons and found that a really fat carrot peeled a bit so it was flat yielded good results. The zucchini was much easier. I did not have horseradish on hand so just used a little horsey sauce instead. I also added lemon pepper seasoning. These were fantastic! Even my kids, who do not like cooked vegetables, liked them. I let some of them get a little crispy and sweet and that was great, too. A really beautiful, easy, tasty and healthy side dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >