Ribbon Pudding Pie Recipe
Cool, smooth and creamy, this pretty pie is a slice of heaven for diabetics and anyone who likes an easy yet impressive dessert. The lovely pudding layers feature a yummy combination of vanilla, chocolate and butterscotch. —Doris Morgan, Verona, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 1 package (1 ounces) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (1 ounces) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk 1-1/3 cups milk and vanilla pudding for 2 minutes. Pour into graham cracker crust.
- 2. In another large bowl, whisk 1-1/3 cups milk and butterscotch pudding mix for 2 minutes. Carefully spoon evenly over the vanilla layer.
- 3. In a third large bowl, whisk remaining milk and chocolate pudding mix for 2 minutes. Carefully spread evenly over butterscotch layer. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 204 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC