Ribbon-O-Fudge Popcorn Bars Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Chill for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil and set pan aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows and butterscotch chips until melted and smooth.
- 3. Place the popcorn in a large bowl; add marshmallow mixture and toss until coated. Firmly press half of the popcorn mixture into prepared pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over popcorn. Firmly press remaining popcorn mixture over chocolate.
- 4. Chill for 30 minutes. Lift out of pan, using foil edges. Remove foil; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 197 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Ribbon-O-Fudge Popcorn Bars
"so fun and easy! My kids are gonna love this I just finished thee bars and they are so yummy! Ill be trying the butterscotch and marshmallow combo on my rice krispy treats too!"
"This is an excellent treat for those busy nights when guests come to visit and food is at a premium. They work beautifully to satisfy the guests and it's a recipe we'll be keeping."