Ribbon-O-Fudge Popcorn Bars Recipe
Reports field editor Flo Burtnett of Gage, Oklahoma, "Two sweet layers of butterscotch- and marshmallow-coated popcorn are held together with chocolate in these scrumptious bars."
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Chill for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil and set pan aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows and butterscotch chips until melted and smooth.
- 3. Place the popcorn in a large bowl; add marshmallow mixture and toss until coated. Firmly press half of the popcorn mixture into prepared pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over popcorn. Firmly press remaining popcorn mixture over chocolate.
- 4. Chill for 30 minutes. Lift out of pan, using foil edges. Remove foil; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Ribbon-O-Fudge Popcorn Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC