Reports field editor Flo Burtnett of Gage, Oklahoma, "Two sweet layers of butterscotch- and marshmallow-coated popcorn are held together with chocolate in these scrumptious bars."
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Chill for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil and set pan aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows and butterscotch chips until melted and smooth.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl; add marshmallow mixture and toss until coated. Firmly press half of the popcorn mixture into prepared pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over popcorn. Firmly press remaining popcorn mixture over chocolate.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Lift out of pan, using foil edges. Remove foil; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Ribbon-O-Fudge Popcorn Bars in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p53
Reviews for Ribbon-O-Fudge Popcorn Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review