This recipe came from a cookbook compiled by my sorority sisters. Leftovers, if there are any, make delicious sandwiches. - Janet Clatney, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each celery salt, garlic salt, ground mustard, rubbed sage and pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat half into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine filling ingredients; spoon over meat mixture. pat remaining meat mixture over filling. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 16°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ribbon Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Ribbon Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review