I developed this recipe especially for my husband, who likes anything that has chocolate and peanut butter together!
- 2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring to prevent scorching. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide marshmallow creme between two heat-resistant bowls; add chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to one bowl, and peanut butter and remaining vanilla to the other. Pour half of sugar mixture into each bowl.
- Stir chocolate mixture until smooth and pour into prepared pan; stir peanut butter mixture and carefully pour over chocolate layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-1/4-in. squares. Yield: 49 pieces.
Originally published as Ribbon Fantasy Fudge in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p18
Reviews for Ribbon Fantasy Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review