"These dressed-up rice crispies are a great-tasting twist on a longtime favorite," writes Nancy Baker of Boonville, Missouri. "They’re perfect for buffet tables and meals eaten on the run. Kids from 1 to 101 love them, and they’re always a huge hit no matter where or when I share them with others."
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 11 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the
- marshmallow creme until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal
- until blended.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan;
- spread with peanut butter. Carefully spread with hot fudge topping.
- Press the remaining cereal mixture over fudge layer (pan will be
- full). Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.