"These dressed-up rice crispies are a great-tasting twist on a longtime favorite," writes Nancy Baker of Boonville, Missouri. "They’re perfect for buffet tables and meals eaten on the run. Kids from 1 to 101 love them, and they’re always a huge hit no matter where or when I share them with others."
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 11 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the marshmallow creme until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal until blended.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; spread with peanut butter. Carefully spread with hot fudge topping. Press the remaining cereal mixture over fudge layer (pan will be full). Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Ribbon Crispies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p35
Reviews for Ribbon Crispies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2012
"Was eye catching and very good tasting."