Ribbon Crispies Recipe
"These dressed-up rice crispies are a great-tasting twist on a longtime favorite," writes Nancy Baker of Boonville, Missouri. "They’re perfect for buffet tables and meals eaten on the run. Kids from 1 to 101 love them, and they’re always a huge hit no matter where or when I share them with others."
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 11 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the marshmallow creme until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal until blended.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; spread with peanut butter. Carefully spread with hot fudge topping. Press the remaining cereal mixture over fudge layer (pan will be full). Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Ribbon Crispies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p35
Reviews for Ribbon Crispies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2012
Was eye catching and very good tasting.