- reserved fat until tender. Add tomato paste; cook and stir until
- combined. Remove from the heat.
- Add enough beef broth to reserved drippings to measure 3-1/2 cups. In
- a large saucepan, combine flour, wine, lemon juice and broth mixture
- until smooth. Stir in mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked beef with 1/3 cup gravy equals 465 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.