Rhubarb-Topped Cheesecake Recipe
"No one will believe that this creamy dessert, topped with tangy rhubarb, is actually a light treat," says Ruth Eisenreich of Catonsville, Maryland.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon; stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt and sugar, until smooth. Gradually add egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon peel and juice. Pour filling over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Spoon over slices of cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Topped Cheesecake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC