- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, 1/3 cup sugar and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened and rhubarb is tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, white chocolate, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined.
- Pour half of the filling into crust. Top with half of the rhubarb sauce; cut through batter with a knife to gently swirl rhubarb. Layer with remaining filling and rhubarb sauce; cut through top layers with a knife to gently swirl rhubarb.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake
"This i s so good,it is almost sinful!!I I look forward to making this every Spring.My familys absolute favorite!!"
"This is a great recipe. Never have I tried/used/or baked with rhubarb before but I was very pleased with the outcome. It was so pretty and the taste is very velvety and super tasty. Will definitely make again."
"I used raspberries instead of rhubarb for the topping, and the cheesecake was excellent. I would definitely make it again!"
"This is absolutely wonderful! The juxtaposition of tart rhubarb and the cheesecake is unexpected and this has a wonderful texture. I will definitely be making this a lot - it goes into my "keeper" file!"
"Delicious! Only the 3rd baked cheesecake I've made, but it was so nice to have one actually turn out. I used a 10 inch springform pan and I'm glad because it baked so evenly and gave more servings. I found after a few days in the fridge, the leftovers tasted even better because the flavours had a chance to properly meld together. Also I've never cooked rhubarb before and this totally showed me how good it is. Awesome!"