Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
I love cheesecake and my husband loves chocolate, so this is a favorite dessert of ours. The rhubarb adds a tartness that complements the sweet flavors so well. —Carol Witczak, Tinley Park, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, 1/3 cup sugar and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened and rhubarb is tender. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, white chocolate, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined.
- 4. Pour half of the filling into crust. Top with half of the rhubarb sauce; cut through batter with a knife to gently swirl rhubarb. Layer with remaining filling and rhubarb sauce; cut through top layers with a knife to gently swirl rhubarb.
- 5. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 6. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 264 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC