Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, 1/3 cup sugar and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened and rhubarb is tender. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, white chocolate, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined.
- 4. Pour half of the filling into crust. Top with half of the rhubarb sauce; cut through batter with a knife to gently swirl rhubarb. Layer with remaining filling and rhubarb sauce; cut through top layers with a knife to gently swirl rhubarb.
- 5. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set.
- 6. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 264 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake
"This i s so good,it is almost sinful!!I I look forward to making this every Spring.My familys absolute favorite!!"
"This is a great recipe. Never have I tried/used/or baked with rhubarb before but I was very pleased with the outcome. It was so pretty and the taste is very velvety and super tasty. Will definitely make again."
"I used raspberries instead of rhubarb for the topping, and the cheesecake was excellent. I would definitely make it again!"
"This is absolutely wonderful! The juxtaposition of tart rhubarb and the cheesecake is unexpected and this has a wonderful texture. I will definitely be making this a lot - it goes into my "keeper" file!"
"Delicious! Only the 3rd baked cheesecake I've made, but it was so nice to have one actually turn out. I used a 10 inch springform pan and I'm glad because it baked so evenly and gave more servings. I found after a few days in the fridge, the leftovers tasted even better because the flavours had a chance to properly meld together. Also I've never cooked rhubarb before and this totally showed me how good it is. Awesome!"
"Highly Recommended!!! This was the 1st cheesecake I ever made, just the other day...It was Supreme. This cheesecake finally gave me a taste of what Cheesecake should be! I can no longer say "I don't care much cheesecake.""
"I have made this recipe several times and it gets better and better each time I think. I was a bit skeptical the first time because rhubarb can be stringy sometimes but it's not at all in this recipe, it's just divine! Also, make sure you use a 9-in springform pan and not just a regular 9-in pie plate. You definitely need the extra depth. Also, I use reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream every time and it turns out just perfectly. I do have to bake it closer to 80 minutes though."
"ive made this with a mixture sometimes with Rasberry's and this is a favorite of several friends ive made it for"
"My husband made this cheesecake this morning and the 9" pan is way to small. It spilled over the sides and took forever to bake. I wonder what we did wrong? Anyone?"
"Ive made the several times and have mixed with the rhubarb, strawberrie or cranberries or blueberries and rasberries and each time it turns out awesome. I'm making it today for a friends sons graduation party and I'm using strawberry rhubarb mix"
"Excellent recipe!! I have made it many times and everyone always loves it. I usually serve it with sliced sweetened strawberries on the side and it becomes even more delicious."
"This is a very good cheesecake. I love the combination of the tart rhubarb with the sweet cheesecake. I've noticed though that even when I start with beautifully red rhubarb, after it bakes, it doesn't stay red. It looked more greenish-brown. SO, for appearance's sake, I add drops of red food coloring to the rhubarb mixture, and that makes it look much more appealing."
"This is an awesome cheesecake! We love rhubarb and I love to bake cheesecales! This will be in my favorites! CJG"
"this is so good. my husband said, dont lose that recipe. when we were first married he didnt like rhubarb. now he is the one to go out to pick it and says he wants something made with it."
"My co-workers are continuously asking me when I'm going to make this treat again. They've come a long what from "what's rhubarb"?TxESQ09"
"My Mom loves rhubarb but is allergic to strawberries, so I am really grateful for a recipe that can be made without strawberries. I never thought to use raspberries instead."
"I love rhubarb and this is my favorite recipe.Don't let the flavor combinations fool you - it is great!!"
"I really LOVE this recipe and have made it several times. I have also made the recipe with frozen raspberries instead of the rhubard. Everyone LOVES it with raspberries. I even made it for a wedding reception. Alicia Snyder, New Cumberland, PA"