After one taste, your family will agree rhubarb never tasted so good! The sweet sauce will disappear so fast when you serve it over ice cream that you might want to keep some on hand to serve over pancakes, waffles...even French toast.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar, water and cinnamon to
- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until
- rhubarb is tender and the sauce has reached desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat; stir in honey. Serve warm over ice cream.
- Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.