- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in rhubarb.
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
"Aweful...caved in the center....middle would not cook..."
"Very tasty and moist. perfect without substitutions."
"I baked these for new neighbors as a welcome gift--wow--what a great gift! They are so tasty--hubby said they are the best muffins he's ever had! I ended up baking them for almost 30 minutes--just couldn't get that toothpick to come out clean any sooner."
"Had a lot of rhubarb to use up, so dug around in my recipes to try folder and found these. They were very good and the recipe made 25 muffins, so I ended up freezing quite a few. I didn't have pecans on hand, so I substituted walnuts. I'll make these next time rhubarb season rolls around again."
"My daughter, who thought she hated rhubarb, tried one of these thinking that they were apple muffins. She loved them even when I told her they were rhubarb. It's one of her requested recipes now! They're excellent"