- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in rhubarb.
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
"YUMMMMMMMM! Baked these 2 hours ago and have already eaten 2...... so good. Really moist from the sour cream and all the rhubarb. I didn't have enough streusel for all 22 muffins though :( cuz that's almost the best part."
"Aweful...caved in the center....middle would not cook..."
"Very tasty and moist. perfect without substitutions."
"I baked these for new neighbors as a welcome gift--wow--what a great gift! They are so tasty--hubby said they are the best muffins he's ever had! I ended up baking them for almost 30 minutes--just couldn't get that toothpick to come out clean any sooner."
"Had a lot of rhubarb to use up, so dug around in my recipes to try folder and found these. They were very good and the recipe made 25 muffins, so I ended up freezing quite a few. I didn't have pecans on hand, so I substituted walnuts. I'll make these next time rhubarb season rolls around again."
"My daughter, who thought she hated rhubarb, tried one of these thinking that they were apple muffins. She loved them even when I told her they were rhubarb. It's one of her requested recipes now! They're excellent"
"I made these muffins and followed the recipe exact. I ended up with 24 muffins but they were awesome!!! I will definitely keep this recipe."
"I understand why this recipe won a prize! I made them with rhubarb from the one plant in my garden and it was just enough. I didn't have to make a special trip to the grocery store since I had everything else in my cupboard and refrigerator. I used the 'new' baking cups which don't need a muffin pan, have a low profile and specified a shorter baking time. I baked 14 muffins for 25 minutes until done. I served them to my bed and breakfast guests with a dollop of whipped cream on top. Every crumb was gobbled up!"
"Wonderful flavor, stayed super moist. Will go into my favorite rhubarb recipes."
"..sorry, forgot to give it five stars, actually should have ten!"